Based on the initial assessment, a thorough package of services is developed. A minimum of semi-annually (typically quarterly), or more often if needed, reviews of these plans are conducted and ensure that all of the resident’s needs are being addressed. Sunflower Gardens understands that a resident with Alzheimer’s Disease or other forms of dementia may have care needs change daily. Nursing staff members will adjust daily based on resident needs.
Based on the progression of these forms of dementia, we have eliminated our levels of care to make the process more person-centered.
- Supervised medication administration for regular medications and residents with insulin-dependent diabetes.
- Quarterly medication review by a pharmacist.
- Physical care needs are resident specific. Based on the care plan developed with the staff, Responsible Party, and therapy services, services will vary based on resident needs.
- This will include: redirection, supervision, and/or physical assistance (i.e. dressing undressing, bathing, morning and evening care, escort needs to meals and activities, etc)
- Incontinence support
- Daily structured activities as well as the availability of independent activities.
- Three meals a day
- Menus approved by Registered Dietician
- Initial consultation of resident at move-in by Registered Dietician and quarterly review of nutritional needs.
- Nutritional snacks available 24-hours per day
- Daily housekeeping as needed.
- Weekly washing of sheets and towels (additional fees may apply if in excess of once a week due to incontinence).
- Therapy Services provided by an outside vendor of Responsible Party choice: Physical, Occupational, Speech, Psychological
- Wheelchair accessible van
- Monthly Health Status Reviews
- 30-minute Room Checks during wake hours
- One-hour Room Checks during night hours
- Primary care physician on-site daily Monday-Friday during a scheduled time.
- Pulmonologist on-site based on resident needs.
Transitional and Respite Services
We understand that sometimes those caring for a loved one at home can be quite exhausting. Sunflower Gardens offers traditional and respite services for those residents that are recently discharged from the hospital but not quite ready to go home and respite services for those at home caregivers that need some alone time.
Transitional services are generally 30-90 days depending on therapeutic needs. Transitional services are charged by the month and respite services are charged by the hour, day, or an entire monthly fee.
Respite services can be from three-hours to 30-days depending on the caregiver’s needs. The management at Sunflower Gardens will always try to make the choice the most economical for the resident and/or family member.
Transportation services to physician appointments are offered for a fee.
A flat rate fee is charged if traveling within the Tri-Cities area. Any appointment outside of the Tri-Cities will be charged a flat fee in addition to mileage to and from the appointment once outside of the Tri-Cities.
Each neighborhood has its own dining room to avoid residents becoming overwhelmed during mealtime. All meals will be prepared in our main kitchen and transported to the neighborhood kitchen for serving. Residents may assist with keeping the meals hot under supervision of a staff member, as well as assisting in setting the dining room table, washing dishes, etc.
Upon completion of the meal and resident assistance with washing dishes (if the resident has interest), all dishes will be returned to the main kitchen for cleaning per health code.
Crystal Clear Cuts Salon
The beauty salon is owned and operated by Pamela Reed.
All fees charged are determined by the salon and are completely independent of Sunflower Gardens. Sunflower Gardens can bill on behalf of Crystal Clear Cuts or resident family members may pay for services directly to the salon. Crystal Clear Cuts personnel will spend approximately two days per week at Sunflower Gardens depending on appointments scheduled and resident needs.